Outcomes Improvement: Our process works.
The Delivery Excellence Platform provides an easy way to improve both the practice of medicine as well as the business of medicine.
The essential Behavioral mechanisms That underpin the system have been used to:
· Improve safety, quality, and the patient experience
· Execute and sustain process improvements
· Achieve operational goals
· Enhance teamwork and communications among staff
· Improve collaboration among senior leadership on decision making
We can confidently guarantee improved outcomes because Dr. Julie Smith and her colleagues at CLG, a company she co-founded in 1993, pioneered the development of a behavior-based strategy execution process that led to the achievement of unprecedented results for their global clients.
The following sample projects prove that their behavior-based performance improvement methodologies work in healthcare too, even without the use of technology.
Order Entry System Implementation in an Academic Medical Center
• 100% of 1200 physicians adopted system within 10 days of cutover.
• Vendor’s previous best-in-class—3 years to achieve 100% adherence.
Performance Turnaround in a Long-term Care Facility
• Multiple performance improvement targets set.
• Checklists, observation, feedback, measurement and continuous improvement processes implemented.
• 90%+ adherence rates to checklists related to housekeeping, safety, call bells, shift hand-offs, etc.
• Results improved dramatically within 6 months and sustained for over 10 years (e.g., 70% fewer medication errors; 45% decrease in agency costs; 15% more private pay beds; 21 point increase on employee engagement).
Hospital Preparedness at an Ebola Treatment Center
• Behavior-based Ebola checklists developed and training simulations completed using our prototype robust, mobile web app.
• Feedback from NIOSH/CDC’s site reviewers stated this hospital was the best prepared in the country and the web-app’s capabilities should be expanded to all 55 national Ebola Treatment Centers.